ALL Children Deserve Access to Quality Summer Learning! Senator Judy Schwank and TIPS will host a summer learning rally and press conference to shine a statewide spotlight on the need for quality summer learning programs. We will also celebrate TIPS receiving over $100,000 in federal and state grants, arguably the first summer learning grants of their kind! Come out and listen as Senator Judy Schwank, Dr. David Volkman - PA Executive Deputy Secretary of Education, Ryan Riley - President and State Director of Communities in Schools of PA, Karen Rightmire - President of the Wyomissing Foundation, and Dr. David Hemberger - President of the Exeter School Board, speak and inspire others to support quality summer learning programs. Your support can help TIPS reach countless children across our area! TOGETHER, we will FINALLY stop the summer slide.
TIPS Registration for Summer 2017 Opens on March 20!
TIPS Summer Schedule:
- Registrations Due May 1 - www.teachersintheparks.com
- Late Registrations Due May 15 (Pay full $150 rate)
- TIPS Summer Kickoff Party - June 13 at Antietam Pool! 5:00-7:30
- The entire family can swim!
- Pick up TIPS summer gear - Shirts - Water bottles - Class Information
- $40 Antietam Pool new membership discount that night only!
- Basket Raffle! (Including 1/2 pool memberships! Must register that evening prior to drawing)
- Ice cream provided by DQ
- TIPS Teacher Training Dinner at the Arbor Inn - June 15
- Teachers call ALL families with class details by - June 17
- June 27th - TIPS Opening Day!
- August 4 - Final Day of TIPS - End of the Summer Party at DQ - 5:00 - 7:00
Registration Opens on March 14 and closes May 1. Late registrations accepted until May 15 but are subject to unsubsidized rates.
On Thursday, October 15, 2015, Communities in Schools (CIS) will feature Teachers in the Parks at the PSBA conference to help reach more children across our area! Thank You CIS!
The new TIPS website launched on October 14, 2015! Can't wait for summer 2016!